Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lady Ga Ga got fat!



Now it might be old news about Lady Gaga putting on weight, but this topic touches on an issue that’s always existed and will probably always exist.  Who’s fat, who’s thin, who’s got big breasts…who’s got a big bum (remember the fuss about whether Kim Kardashian’s bum was fake or real?)… who’s got cellulite…(hey even Kate Moss hasn’t been immune) the list is endless!


Now Lady Gaga’s courted media attention (purposely or not) to draw our attention and the attention of many of us has been well and truly drawn.  Now as with most media stories which churn out stories that are often hyped to keep us hooked, many of us (me included) react, ignore, discuss or groan then we FORGET…that is until another story is served up to us hyped with sensationalism to grab our attention all over again….and again…and again for us to react, ignore, discuss, groan at, then FORGET.  If we weren’t salivating for more, there probably wouldn’t be more!

But what’s happening? 

Are we so bombarded that we’re becoming desensitized to the pain and unhappiness of countless people whose stories mirror the headlines.  The thousands of people struggling every single day to deal with body issues, self esteem issues and desperate to find acceptance in a world that bombards us again…and again….and again with images of 'perfection' and criticism of what’s natural and in actual fact, real? 

                             So am I criticising the media?
Hey, no, I’m not (I’m not the stoopid when this blog is part of media!) but I do think the media serves us and far more than we may realise.  How?  By presenting us with stories that we perhaps should consider more deeply as they affect us and the world we live in even if we don’t think so.  


Even if you think you’re the most gorgeous thing on this planet (and good on you, if you do), I bet you know someone who doesn’t!  That someone might be suffering in silence whilst we (often without realising it) make fun of the very thing they’re struggling with.  And let’s face it none of us are, or will ever be perfect, because we’re real!


Here’s my take about what I think’s real:

·      The saggy flesh and marshmallow tummy that won’t tone up.
·      The bat wings we don’t need ‘cos we don’t fly (unless we're taking naughty stimulants)!
·      The six-pack that refuses to emerge from the camouflage of the stubborn one-pack. 
·      The hair that won’t behave no matter how much oil and gel we use. 
·      The breasts that holiday in the South and refuse to return to the North (or at least half way) unless   Mr or Ms Surgeon’s our friend. 
·      The clothes that won’t fit no matter how much we suck in. 
·      The muscles that don’t form like The Situation even though we’re in the gym 24:7. 
·      The legs that stopped growing and the thighs that won’t stop!
·      The wrinkles that crawl over your face waiting to make their debut in the wrong light.
·      The hair that won’t grow and the ones that grow where you don’t want them to grow!
 
I bet you can add to the list!

My final should?  Should we remain alert and aware of the subliminal messages that are given in everything we hear, see and feel and not join in the fun poking at someone else’s expense? 
 Why?   
Because it’s only a matter of time when we’ll all find we’re the butt of the joke...Hey I swear my children are already plotting to send me to The Funny Farm!   

                         Yikes…Anyone know where I can find that Mr or Ms Surgeon! LOL

Please share my blogs if you think someone you know will like them.

Love,

 LB xxx


2 comments:

  1. As somebody who has worked in the media, I realise that we set the examples. But would women/people buy magagazines showing flabs, wrinkled skins etc. No I doubt it. The thing is to be kind to yourself and accept that everything has its time, including age! So enjoy the ride, warts, flabs and all. Have at laugh at yourself, remembering when your boobs stood up when a gust of wind went by. Remember when you could laugh without worrying wetting yourself and if you do then it is what it is. I am enjoying the memories and celebrating the sag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now hooked on reading your blogs as they give me another perspective on life, which sometimes we/I forget can exist. We all need to remember to accept and love OUR flawless as they are perfect. Thank you for reminding me that in judging someone else I am in fact judging myself too! I can't wait to read more, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete